By Nick Portella
On Saturday, the WSOF was live in Verona, New York with the prelim fights being broadcast on Fite TV app and the main card being on NBC Sports Network. All three of the main card fights were title fights.
The main event matched up heavyweight champion, Blagoy Ivanov vs UFC veteran Shawn Jordan. Both fighters came out ready to strike, but current champion Ivanov got the better of the exchanges. Blagoy dropped Jordan and pursued him with hard ground and pound shots. 1:43 into round 1 the fight was stopped by the referee. Blagoy retains title via TKO (punches).
In the co-main event, featherweight champion Lance Palmer put his title on the line against the undefeated Andre Harrison. Every round for this fight was basically the same. Many exchanges were made with Harrison being on the better end of them. Harrison landed several kicks to the body and head of Palmer. Palmer was dropped all but 1 round and sustained a large cut to his head in the final round. Harrison was named the new featherweight champion via unanimous decision with scores of 49-46 and 48-47 (2X).
Vacant bantamweight title fight was between Bekbulat Magomedov and Donavon Frelow. This was a fight slow to start and slow to end. There was much striking across the five rounds. Magomedov scored several takedowns including a few big slams throughout the fight and controlled his opponent on the ground. Magomedov was named the bantamweight champion via split decision with all judges scoring the bout the same 50-45.
- Emmanuel Walo defeats Andrews Nakahara via split decision.
- Steven Rodriguez defeats Alexandre Almeida via split decision.
- Islam Mamedov defeats Natan Schulte via second round submission (armbar).
- Hakeem Dawodu defeats Steven Siler via unanimous decision.
- Tom Marcellino defeats Bill Jones via unanimous decision.
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov defeats Matt Sector via split decision.