Quick Hits 5/13: New UFC Live Series Announced, Fights Booked
Here are some recent headlines that you might have missed:
- The UFC announced a new live TV series called Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender’s Series which will show on Fight Pass. They announced it will be a weekly series started July 11th. The show will gather MMA prospect and some former UFC veterans that are trying to get back into the organization. The fighters will be featured as part of a 5 fight card which will take place at the UFC Gym in Las Vegas, Nevada. More details to come.
- Gunner Nelson will return to the octagon at UFC Fight Night 1113 on July 16th in Glasgow, Scotland. He will take on Santiago Ponzinibbio. Nelson will enter the contest coming off of back to back submission wins, while Ponzinibbio is on a 4 fight winning streak.
- Team Alpha Male fighter, Cynthia Calvillo will get the toughest test of her young career when she takes on Joanne Calderwood at UFC Fight Night 113 on July 16th in Glasgow, Scotland. Calvillo is a perfect 2-0 in the UFC with two wins by submission. Calderwood enters the contest off of a loss to Jessica Andrade.
- Emil Meek has announced on his Instagram that he is out of his UFC Fight Night 109 fight against Nordine Taleb, due to an undisclosed injury. There is no announced replacement yet. The fight was scheduled for May 28th in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Iuri Alcantara will attempt to win his third fight in a row inside the octagon when he takes on debuting Brian Kelleher. The fight is scheduled for UFC 212 on June 3rd in Rio de Janerio, Brazil.
- Lastly, JJ Aldrich will attempt to rebound from her debut loss to Julianna Lima when she faces UFC newcomer, Nadra Kassem at UFC Fight Night 110 on June 11th in Auckland, New Zealand.