Yesterday, the UFC made its return to Northern, Ireland, headlined by the rematch between Gegard Mousasi and Urijah Hall. Back in September of 2015, Hall pulled off a surprising comeback win against Mousasi. Hall landed a spinning back kick to the face of Mousasi, sending him to the canvass, which led to Hall following it up punches until the referee stepped in.
However, yesterday it was Mousasi, who ended up getting his hand raised. In the beginning of the fight, both fighters started to attempt to establish their range, until Mousasi was able to land a takedown. Once Mousasi was on top, he able able to trap an arm, underneath Hall, who was face down, and began to pound Hall with strikes to the end. Mousasi battered Hall until the fight was stopped.
The Dutchman has now won four fights in a row, all in the UFC
In the co-main event, Scottish fighter, Stevie Ray was able to pull off the biggest win of his career, by beating Englishman Ross Pearson. The young fighter, Ray was able to win a competitive stand-up battle against the veteran, Pearson, by split decision.
Pearson was making his record fifth appearance inside the octagon in 2016, but has now lost three fights in a row.
Former Bellator heavyweight champion, Alexander Volkov made a successful UFC debut, by beating Timothy Johnson in a split decison. The fight went back and forth, with Johnson almost knocking Volkov out in the first round. Volkov was able to recover and had an impressive third round.
In the opening fight on the main card, Russian born, Artem Lobov pulled off the upset over Japanese fighter, Teruto Ishihara. Lobov was the much busier fighter, keeping Ishiara out of range. Lobov celebrated his unanimous decision victory, with teammate Conor McGregor inside the octagon.
- Jack Marshman over Magnus Cedenblad by 2rd round TKO
- Kyoji Horiguchi over Ali Bagautinov by unanimous decision
- Kevin Lee over Magomed Mustafaev by 2nd round technical submission
- Amanda Cooper over Anna Elmose by unanimous decision
- Justin Ledet over Mark Godbeer by 1st round submission
- Zak Cummings over Alexander Yakovlev by 2rd round submission
- Marion Reneau over Milana Dudieva by 3rd round TKO
- Brett Johns over Kwan Ho Kwak by unanimous decision
- Abdul Razak Alhassan over Charlie Ward by 1st round KO