With UFC 221 looming, we had some interesting developments in the world of mixed martial arts, both over the weekend, as well as during this week. To hold you over until the fights this weekend, I have some quick points to marinate on your brain, consider these points, and form your own opinions on what I am about to deliver to you. Without further ado, your Midweek Fix.
– Mario Yamasaki did a poor job in the Shevchenko vs Cachoeira bout; his explanation was even worse.
– The UFC needs to scrap UFC 222 as a pay-per-view.
– TJ Dillashaw’s explanation why he wouldn’t accept a bout with Cody Garbrandt at UFC 222 was very well-thought, and understandable.
– Robert Whittaker is very thankfully alright after his health scare. Fantastic news.
– The UFC needs to figure out how to get fighters who do their job, their show money at the very least.