See which MMA stars are making headlines in this weeks Stars Report.
- Tyron Woodley calls Georges St-Pierre a coward for picking Michael Bisping instead of coming back to welterweight and facing him or the likes of Johny Hendricks or Robbie Lawler. In an interview with the MMA Hour, Woodley states, “Fighting Bisping, I think that was the cowardly move. He’s going to fight someone who doesn’t have the ability to concuss him like I would, or Johny Hendricks, or Robbie Lawler would. That’s why he went up in weight.”
- Francis Ngannou was very unimpressed by Stipe Miocic latest victory over Junior dos Santos. In an appearance on the MMA Hour, Ngannou stated, “That was a good performance, but I was not impressed, I need more than that. I would say I’m more impressed by someone Like (Cain) Velasquez. I think Velasquez is the best heavyweight that we have, and that’s why I want to fight him.”
- Daniel Cormier warns UFC fighters thinking about jumping into boxing. On UFC Tonight, Cormier puts it simply, “These dudes will get slept, and it’s going to be embarrassing.” When asked specifically about Conor McGregor possibly fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr, Cormier stated, “McGregor can actually go and fight Mayweather and I’ve said it time and time again on this show, he will lose. The rest of these guys will get no money and they will also get slept.”
Floyd Mayweather Jr.:
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. gives us hope that the super fight between himself and UFC star Conor McGregor will happen. In a post-fight press conference at a boxing match, Mayweather attended he said, ” They said Conor McGregor signed his end of the deal. I look forward to signing my end of the deal. I haven’t signed my end of the deal yet so once I get home, I’ll communicate with my team, I’ll talk with Al Haymon, I’ll talk with Leonard, and we’ll see what we come up with. We’ll put all our great minds together and we’re gonna have another super fight.”
Rory MacDonald let his feelings be known about being let go by UFC on his latest appearance on The MMA Hour. After his recent win at Bellator 179, MacDonald stated on The MMA Hour, “Maybe the UFC should be a little more cautious on how easy they let things slip through their fingers.” He goes on to say, “I think they definitely messed up when they let me go. That’s their fault and Bellator’s gain, you know?”
Rory MacDonald has eyes set possibly on being a two-division champion. Also in his appearance on The MMA Hour, MacDonald talks about becoming a two-division champion. He states, “I’d like to fight for the middleweight title maybe at the end of the year if there is a big card we can promote and get me and the middleweight champion on there.”
Conor McGregor had a few choice words about Tony Ferguson turning down a fight with Michael Johnson after Khabib Nurmagomedov pulled out after weight-cuts became to0 extreme. In the latest interview with Snoop Dogg on GGN News, Dana White said that Conor McGregor texted him after Ferguson turned down the fight with Johnson saying, “I can’t believe you’re going to f**king pay that bum Tony Ferguson one dollar. You shouldn’t pay him a f**king dime. He was there, made weight and you lined up a fight for him with Michael Johnson after Khabib fell out and didn’t make weight, and he turned it down. F**king bum.”
Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, and Anderson Silva:
- Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, and Anderson Silva all made ESPN’s World Fame 100 rankings. This is a list of the 100 most famous athletes on the planet. The three UFC fighters came in ranked: Rousey #16, McGregor #25, and Silva #39. Both Rousey and McGregor were ranked last year, but Silva was not.