Stars Report: Woodley, McGregor, Rousey, and More.
See which MMA stars are making headlines in this week’s Stars Report.
- Tyron Woodley has come out and said that he will be the greatest ever welterweight ever if Georges St-Pierre (GSP) does not fight him. Woodley goes as far to say, ” He doesn’t want to fight me because I’m a better version of him.” Woodley goes on to say that St-Pierre would fight anyone else for the welterweight championship.
- Earlier this week Tyron Woodley demanded that Dana White apologizes for his comments about him following UFC 214. Dana White hasn’t yet publicly apologized for his comments but told TMZ that he has spoken with Woodley recently.
Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather:
- The super fight between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Jr is fastly approaching. This past week Mayweather has come out and said that he would box Mcgregor in 8 oz gloves. Currently, the two are set to box in 10 oz gloves. In response, McGregors said, “Pick whatever gloves you want little man.”
- Reports out this week are saying that Floyd Mayweather is expected to make $300 million in his boxing match against Conor McGregor. $300 million for 36 minutes (or less) of fighting would bring anyone out of retirement.
- A Diaz brother showing support for Conor Mcgregor? Nick Diaz believes that McGregor can land some punches and possibly be a threat to Floyd Mayweather. Saying that if he can land some punches on his brother Nate, he can land some on Mayweather.
- Everyone is wondering if Ronda Rousey will ever return to the octagon. In an interview with ESPN, Dana White said, “Now she’s going to move on to the next chapter of her life, get married and have kids, do that thing. It’s not sad, it’s the way she wanted it.” By the sounds of it, we have seen the last of Ronda Rousey.
- Could we possibly see Ronda Rousey in WWE? There have been reports of Rousey attending WWE events lately. Also, WWE commentator Jim Ross says it would be a “Match made in heaven.”