See which MMA stars are making headlines this week in the Stars Report.
- Despite training for his big boxing match with Floyd Mayweather Jr, Conor McGregor is still training mixed martial arts preparing for his potential return to the UFC. McGregor was quoted by MMA fighting saying, “I believe I’ll come out of this fight without a scratch. A couple weeks to refresh my jiu-jitsu and my wrestling – not that I’ve stopped training that either, I’ve still kept up on that, just less – and then we’ll see what happens.”
- Would you like to own the same F**k You suit that McGregor wore during the first stop of the world tour? Well, now you can. David August Inc. will be releasing a limited edition of the suit for a price of $6,500.
- Recently Anderson Silva has called out Nick Diaz for a rematch. The two fighters fought each other at UFC 183 where Silva came out a winner by decision. The fight later was changed to a no contest due to both fighters failing a post-fight drug test. Nick Diaz, who received an 18-month ban for his failed drug test, has yet to fight since his fight with Silva.
Conor McGregor Vs Floyd Mayweather Jr
- The current betting odds for Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather Jr have gotten closer and closer since the fight was first officially announced. Mayweather Jr opened as a -2250 favorite with McGregor as a +950 underdog. As of today, the odds stand at Mayweather Jr -550 and McGregor +375.
- After being called a juice head by Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather’s body guard is willing to take a USADA test to prove he is clean. Greg La Rosa said he was willing to stop and take a USADA test right there and then when McGregor called him a juice head.
- The official poster for McGregor vs Mayweather Jr has been released. Go to the link below to see the official poster from SHOWTIME Boxing’s twitter account.
- In efforts to be better aware of boxing rules, McGregor’s camp has hired Hall-of-Famer boxing referee Joe Cortez. Cortez said he is strictly there to instruct him on the dos and don’ts. He is making sure McGregor is following the rules to a tee.
- Former Dallas Cowboys star WR Michael Irvin has said he would like to fight MMA. Recently Irvin told TMZ, “I train MMA, I want to do it.” Irvin goes on to say, “What I wish they would do is some amateur MMA fighting. Celebrity style. Let this celebrity go up against that celebrity. Get in the ring and let’s do something. Let me find me a couple of dudes that may have said something that I don’t like and we get up in that ring. Man, I would whoop somebody up. I would enjoy that.”