Here are the UFC Stars that are making headlines this week.
- UFC could of sold for 5 billion dollars according to Dana White. When the UFC sold for 4 billion dollars last year it was considered the highest transaction in sports history. In an interview with The Exchange with Megan Olivi, White stated, “Let me be honest with you, when we were doing this deal there were two groups that came in for more money than Ari. There was one for $5 billion.”
- “But he looks like he’s been impregnated by an alien,” were the remarks of Michael Bisping on his upcoming opponent Georges St-Pierre (GSP). In a recent photoshoot GSP is seen supporting what looks like a very big belly. IN the Believe You Me podcast Bisping also states, “His belly is sticking out and he looks a little weird so I think he is trying to have fun or trying to lead me up the garden path. I think he’s pushing his belly out.”
- Georges St-Pierre (GSP) this week in an Q&A with sponsor Hayabusa, GSP talks about ring rust. “I believe in ring rust. It will be an issue, but I am a very experienced man. I’m one of those guys who have spent the most time in the octagon, maybe the most. I think because I have more experience, the more time I spend, as the time goes, the more comfortable I’ll be.”
Nick and Nate Diaz:
- Both Nick and Nate Diaz spent 4/20 with Wu-Tang Clan and getting high. All events that unfolded from that day were seen on Nick Diaz’s Snapchat. This isn’t the first time the two have been seen together smoking marijuana. If you remember a couple months ago both were seen smoking marijuana out of a UFC glove. Seems right now that getting high and partying is more important than landing a fight for the Diaz brothers.
The potential mega fight between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Jr. seems to be at a standstill according to Showtime Sports Executive Vice President Stephen Espinoza. Espinoza is quoted saying, “It’s largely at a standstill, There hasn’t been a ton of progress and I think if they don’t move relatively quickly, people may move on. People may tire of it.” There seems to be a lot of concern on the UFC side of negotiations. Their biggest worry is losing McGregor to retirement after potential mega fight with Mayweather Jr.
Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 3? Conor McGregor’s manager Audie Attar says its possible.On a possible third fight with Nate Diaz Attar said, “The Nate Diaz fight interests him. Nate’s sitting on the sidelines you’ve got to get Conor excited. If you want to get Conor excited about you, you gotta go in there and fight, if you want to fight him in the future. Nate Diaz vs Tony Ferguson for the interim title, that creates narrative.”
- Ronda Rousey’s Judo coach Justin Flores doesn’t think Rousey will step inside the octagon again or at least anytime soon. He believes her focus is on the future of her family right now. Getting married and having kids seems to be the focus right now for Rousey. Flores stated on Submission Radio, “So being 30 years old now and doing this since you were eight years old non-stop, I mean, the mileage you’ve put on your body and that she’s put on her body, I just don’t think if she wants to, you know, live a long happy life and raise kids with Travis, which I know that’s the future, I just don’t think that’s something I feel like would be in her best interests.”
- Ronda Rousey will continue her Hollywood career. It was announced that she will be appearing on and upcoming episode of the TV show, Blindspot. Press described her role as, “Rousey will be playing Devon Penberthy: a female inmate who grew up in a working class family from the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and is serving time for transporting weapons across state lines. She is a tough, athletic woman who knows how to fight and handle a weapon. The episode will air May 3rd.
- Daniel Cormier wants Jon Jones and he wants him now. No warm up fights. On an episode of UFC Tonight Cormier stated, “I stand on take the fight with me, Jon Jones. There’s no tune up fights in the UFC. If you’re a guy that has dominated the division as he has, why not come back and try to get your title? Come meet your boy D.C., come get this money. Let’s get money together and give the people in Anaheim a show. No tune up for Jon Jones. He gets to come and get beat by me this time.”