10 years after Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic won the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix Tournament, he adds another Open Weight Grand Prix. On Saturday, Cro Cop knocked out Greco Roman wrestling world champion, Amir Aliakbari with 2 left lands in the finals of the tournament. Cro Cop dropped the Iraqi with a left hand, and as the wrestler attempted to get up, Cro Crop floored him with another shot, before the referee stepped in to stop the action. Cro Cop stopped sumo wrestler, Baruto Kaito earlier in the night with a knee to the body in the semifinals of the tournament.
Aliakbara reached the finals of the tournament after winning a split decision over Valentin Moldavsky.
In the biggest featured non-tournament fight, world class BJJ specialist, Kron Gracie got the biggest win of his career by submitting Tatsuya Kawajiri in the second round of the contest.
Here are the remainder of the results:
- Hideo Tokoro over Asen Yamamoto by 1st round submission
- Rena Kubota over Hanna Gujwan by 3rd round TKO
- Andy Nguyen over Miyu Yamamoto by 1st round submission
- Kizaemon Saiga over Dillin West by 1st round TKO
- Gabi Garcia over Yumiko Hotta by 1st round TKO
- Hayato Sakurai over Wataru Sakata by 2rd TKO
- Tenshin Nasukawa over Dylan Kawika Oligo by 2rd round submission