Quick Hits: Fight Announcements, PLA Debut, & More
Here are some quick hits in the world of MMA that you might have missed:
- The Professional Fighters League (PLA), which will launch its first season in 2018, will hold its first event on June 3oth at the Daytona International Speedway, in Daytona, Florida. The main event will be former WSOF welterweight champion, Jon Fitch facing Brian Foster. The PLA also announced card on July 29th in Everett, Washington, October 14th in Las Vegas, Nevada, and November 4th in Washington D.C.
- Invicta featherweight champion, Megan Anderson will defend her belt at Invicta FC 24 on July 15th in Kansas City, Missouri when she takes on Helena Kolesnyk. Anderson won the vacant title in her last fight when she beat Charmaine Tweet. Kolesnyk is a perfect 5-0 in her career.
- Former UFC women’s bantamweight title challenger, Sara McMann will return to the Octagon at UFC 214 on July 29th in Anaheim, California when she faces Ketlen Vieira. McMann enters the contest on a three-fight winning streak, while Vieira is a perfect 2-0 in the UFC.
- Former UFC Light Heavyweight champion, Rashad Evans will attempt to get his first win in the middleweight division when he takes on Sam Alvey at UFC Fight Night 114 on August 5th in Mexico City, Mexico. Evans is on a three fight losing streak, while Alvey is coming off a loss to Thales Leites.
- The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 3 winner, Martin Bravo will make his first appearance since the show when he takes on Chris Gruetzemacher at UFC Fight Night 114. Gruezemacher enters the contest off of a loss to Chas Skelly.