Here are some of the headlines that you might have missed in the world of MMA today
- UFC lightweight champion, Conor McGregor has made Forbes Magazine list of top 25 highest paid athlete. The list was income over the last 12 months. McGregor came in at 24th with an income of $34 million. McGregor was also the highest paid combat sports athlete.
- Frank Camacho will make his UFC debut on short notice when he replaces the injured Jonathan Meunier and faces Li Jingliang at UFC Fight Night 111 on July 7th in Singapore. Jingliang enters the contest on a two-fight UFC winning streak.
- Alan Jouban has been removed from his UFC 213 bout with Brian Camozzi due to a broken foot. Camozzi, who lost his UFC debut to Randy Brown. The UFC is looking for a replacement for Jouban to fight Camozzi in Las Vegas on July 8th.
- Brian Kelleher will be having a very quick turn around after his UFC 212 when, when he fights at UFC on Fox 25 on July 22nd in Long Island. Kelleher, who is coming off a shocking victory over Yuri Alcantara in his debut, will face Marlon Vera. Vera is on a two-fight winning streak including a come from behind victory over Brad Pickett.
- Hector Lombard will attempt to end a three-fight losing streak when he faces off against Anthony Smith at a yet to be announced August 19th card. Smith enters the fight on a two-fight winning streak.
- Former flyweight title contender, Henry Cejudo and Wilson Reis will face each other at UFC 216 on September 9th in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Cejudo is coming into the contest off the first two losses of his career including a controversial decision loss to Joseph Benavidez. Reis enters the contest after unsuccessfully challenging for Demetrious Johnson belt.
- Ashlee Evans-Smith will attempt to rebound from a loss to Ketlen Vieira when she fights Sarah Moraes at UFC 216. Moraes has not fought in two years due to injuries. She lost competed when she lost a decision to Jessica Andrade.
- Former Olympic wrestler, and newest UFC signee, Arjan Bhullar announced on his Twitter that he will be making his UFC debut when he takes on Luis Enrique at UFC 216. Enrique will enter the contest off a loss to Marcin Tybura