Quick Hits 5/5: Hill, Herman, Felder, Ray, and Others Get Upcoming Fights
Here are some of the headlines in the world of Mixed Martial Arts for May 5th:
- Kevin Ferguson Jr, also known as “Baby Slice”, will return to action at Bellator 179 on May 19th in London, England. Ferguson Jr is the son of the late, Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson. He will attempt to rebound from losing his professional debut to Aaron Hamilton when he takes on DJ Griffin.
- English fighter, Stevie Ray will attempt to win his third straight fight inside the octagon, when he takes on Paul Felder at UFC Fight Night 113 on July 16th in Glasgow, Scotland. Ray will enter the contest after the biggest win of his career when he beat Joe Lauzon. Felder will attempt to build off his win over Alessandro Ricci.
- Danny Robert vs Bobby Nash has also been added to UFC Fight Night 113. Both fighters had suffered knockout losses in their last fight. Roberts fell to Mike Perry, while Nash lost to Jingliang Li.
- Former Invicta strawweight champion, Angela Hill will have her second fight in her second stint in the UFC when she takes on Ashley Yoder. The two will lock horns at the Ultimate Fighter season 25 finale on July 7th in Las Vegas, Nevada. Hill was unsuccessful in her return to the UFC after losing to Jessica Andrade. Yoder also lost her last match. She fell to Justine Kish.
- Two Ultimate Fighter alumni with also square of at the Ultimate Fighter season 25 finale when CB Dolloway faces Ed Herman. Dolloway will attempt to snap a three-fight losing streak, while Herman will attempt to rebound from his loss to Nikita Krylov
- Lastly, USADA has suspended retired fighter Ricardo Abreu for four years. Abreau was serving a suspension for a violation of USADA when he tested positive for another banned substance. After testing positive a second time, Abreu announced that he retired.