Here is some of the headlines in the world of MMA on 5/1
- Invicta featherweight champion, Megan Anderson was a guest on the MMA Hour, and during the show, Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino called in. The two fighters verbally agreed to face each other at UFC 214 if Cyborg doesn’t face Germaine de Randamie.UFC 214 is July 29th in Anaheim, California
- Former multiple time boxing champion, Antonio Tarver announced that he is now the head boxing coach of the Blackzillians
- Former UFC women’s strawweight contender, Valerie LeTourneau will face Emily Ducote in her Bellator debut at Bellator 181 on July 14th in Thackerville, Oklahoma. The fight will be at flyweight, and in Ducote’s home state. Letourneau will enter the fight losing five of her last six fights, while Ducote enters the fight off of a win over Katy Collins.
- Dominique Steele will return to the octagon after two straight losses when he takes on UFC newcomer, Luke Juneau at UFC Fight Night 110 on June 10th in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Two of the biggest names in Japanese MMA will rematch each other after nearly twenty years. Yuki Kondo and Ikuhisa “Punk” Minowa will face each other at Pancrase 288 on July 2nd in Tokyo, Japan. The two first faced each other in August of 1997, when Kondo won by submission.