There was plenty of moves and matchmaking in both the UFC and Bellator today. Let’s check it out
- Brazilian news outlet, Combate is reporting that former UFC bamtamweight champion, Renan Barao, who has been fighting at featherweight in his last two fights, is expected to move back down to the bantamweight division. There is no word on when the move will happen or who he will be fighting
- European fighters Darren Till and Jessin Ayari will face each other at UFC Fight Night 109 in Stockholm, Sweden on May 28th.
- Omari Akhmedov and Abdul Razak Alhassan will also be fighting at UFC Fight Night 109, when they face off against each other. The Dagestian Akhmedov is entering the contest off a win over Kyle Noke, while the Ghanaian fighter, Alhassan enters the contest off a knockout win over Charlie Ward
- Luan Chagas and Jim Wallhead will both be attempting to pick up their first wins inside the UFC when they face each other at UFC 212 on June 3rd in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Jarrod Cannonier will return to the octagon coming off his loss to Glover Texeira, when he takes on Steve Bosse at The Ultimate Fighter season 25 finale on July 7th in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bosse enters the fight on a two fight winning streak.
- Top European prospect, Marc Diakiese will also be fighting at the Ultimate Fighter 25 finale when he faces Drakkar Klose. Diakese will be entering the contest undefeated, while Klose will try to improve to 2-0 in the UFC after his win over Devin Powell.
- Popular heavyweight, Cheick Kongo will be returning to the cage at Bellator 179 in London, England, when he faces Augusto Sakai on May 19th. The two was supposed to meet each other at Bellator 150 but Sakai withdrew from the contest due to injury,
- Lastly, Patricky Freire, who is coming the biggest win of his career when he beat Josh Thomson, will be in the main event of Bellator 181 when he takes on Derek Campos. Campos enters the contest off of a win over Derek Anderson. Bellator 181 is on July 14th in Thackerville, Oklahoma.