The UFC announced that the “The Karate Hottie” Michelle Waterson will fight “The Tiny Tornado” Tecia Torres at UFC 218
Waterson, the former Invicta atom weight champion, picked up wins over Angela Magana and Paige VanZant in her first two UFC fights. However, she is is coming off a submission loss to now title challenger Rose Namujanas in her last fight.
Torres is riding a two-fight winning streak. She picked up a decision win over Bec Rawlings and followed it up with a submission win over Juliana Lima. After beating Lima, Torres called for a fight with Waterson.
Both Torres and Waterson are ranked in the top 10 by the MMA Takeover. Torres is ranked 6th and Waterson is ranked 8th.
These woman’s straw weights will clash at UFC 218 in Detroit, Michigan on December 2nd
UFC 218 Card So Far:
- Champ Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar – for Featherweight Title
- Francis Ngannou vs. Alistair Overeem
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Justin Gaethje
- Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis
- Paul Felder vs. Al Iaquinta
- Drakkar Klose vs. David Teymur
- Cortney Casey vs. Felice Herrig
- Yancy Medeiros vs. Alex Oliveira
- Razak Al-Hassan vs. Sabah Homasi
- Amanda Cooper vs. Angela Magana
- Jeremy Kimball vs. Dominick Reyes
- Tecia Torres vs. Michelle Waterson